A long time ago, in a far away land, I got married to the best man in the world. It was close to his birthday, and I told him that I was going to buy tickets to see "Wicked." However, the tickets were not on sale in Salt Lake yet, so I gave him the book and told him that as soon as they went on sale, the tickets were ours. Fast forward to December, and tickets go on sale--they also sell out in about 10 minutes flat. So, I started looking online for tickets to see Wicked in nearby cities. One day at school, I found tickets in Denver for Nov. 14....and the dream was born. We purchased tickets and have been planning since April for our trip to Denver to see Wicked.
We got a plane on Nov. 12 and rode the "train" in the Denver Airport to find our rental car shuttle.
We found a small little rental car and checked into a hotel right on the 16th Street Mall.
Then we needed something to eat, so we started walking down the "mall". We found the Hard Rock Cafe, and since Miles has never even been to one....we decided to stop in.
Friday morning, we got up early and used our little car to drive to the Denver Aquarium. We were in for a day of fun, and we didn't even know it!
Since we bought a value pass, we also got our faces painted and we got to feed the sting rays?!
They also have an "Aquarium Restaurant" and we got to sit near the fish/shark tanks and enjoy a relaxing meal. At the end of dinner, we decided that we needed dessert. It was called the shark attack, and it was quite like Chili's Molten Lava Cake.
The Shark Attack!
We weren't done yet though! Since we had an "nice" lunch, we decided to go cheap for dinner. We had Subway, but then decided dessert was a great idea....and who can pass up cheesecake at "The Cheesecake Factory." We just ordered it....took it back to the hotel, and took a picture of our treats!
That was the end of Friday!
Saturday was the day we had been waiting for since Miles's 23rd birthday.
Saturday was the day we had been waiting for since Miles's 23rd birthday.
We couldn't wait to see the show! Our show was at 2 in the afternoon.....
I have nothing but fabulous things to say about the show! I wanted to go and see it again at the evening performance. But I'm sure the tickets were sold out! If you get the chance, go and see the show. It was worth every penny! Following the show, it was a blizzard outside---I got soaked walking the 2 blocks back to the "free mall ride." On Saturday night, we walked to the Paramount Cafe and had dinner. We woke up Sunday morning to about 6 inches of snow, and we didn't know if we would be able to get out of Denver. I guess it's a good thing I'm from Idaho, or those roads might have scared me into staying another day. However, I wouldn't have been able to stay away from our little boy for one more minute. I told Miles I was going home, if I had to run there. :) With only slight delays, we made it home just in time to catch the last few visitors leaving from Skylar's "Welcome Home" party.
2 comments:
Me and Ben went in April when it was in SLC. IT WAS AMAZING. I loved it and agree I would love to go again.
What a fun trip! I have heard great things about the show, glad you guys had a fun time.
(now it's time to call me and plan a trip to Rexburg!)
Post a Comment